Communication

It has been said that communication is the cause of and solution to most of life's problems/challenges.

Most people think that communication is with others but before we can do that we must first learn to understand what we're saying to ourselves and weather or not we really understand what it is we're trying to say. A great deal of what we say or more acurately 'repeat' is in the form of cliches, information exchanges or opinions. Most is either influenced or comes directly form the media.

What we 'really' think or 'feel' about what's going on is usually pushed to the side in favor of something more familiar or sensational. 95% of what we know and do is subconscious and escapes Communicationconscious intervention (meaning, we don't really know why we think certain ways). Think about that! That leaves 5% awareness to figure out how you're really feeling about something. Would you run a computer with 95% of it's programs downloaded by others? Would you run a computer on outdated programs? Our thoughts, values, beliefs have all been put there by other influences at different times serving different objectives and goals. How can that adequately serve you when you need to adjust and adapt to what's going on now? To use a familiar quote “how's that working for you?”. If it isn't, and you feel that it's time for a  change then you need options to choose from.

How do you get options?

By asking questions about what you're doing and how you'd like things to be. From there you'll create alternatives which will lead to your life being different in a way that now suits who you are now and how you want to be in the future.

Quotes

- Author Unknown
- Thomas Szasz
- Author Unknown
- Author Unknown
- Cherie Carter-Scott

Read About

Some helpful guidelines
Knowing yourself means to be in good company when you're alone.  It is being who you are, without
 We exist in comparison or 'relative' to everything else (which affects how we feel about ourselv
"Listening, not imitation may be the greatest form of flattery"  - Joyce Brothers
It has been said that communication is the cause of and solution to most of life's problems/chall
All of life is motion, nothing stands still.

Question of the month

What is your mission in this life?

To get through it as best I can..
17% (1 vote)
To become the best person I can while helping others..
33% (2 votes)
To be happy..
50% (3 votes)
Total votes: 6